I'm new. What classes should I take?
Our Deep Flow Yoga is a great classes for beginners! Urban Barre is a challenging and fun fitness classes and offer modifications as needed. Everyone has been a "new" student before ! We are offer (3) 30 minutes private sessions for $90.00. Bring a friend and split the cost. You will learn yoga breathing, sun salutations, and which of our group classes will work best for you.
What time should I arrive for class?
The first breath you take is the most important! Arrive at least five minutes early to class. If you are a new student, please arrive ten minutes early to fill out a little paper work and to take a tour.
What do I wear?
Snug clothing that is comfortable. Consider wearing layers that you can peel off as you heat up.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring a mat, a towel, and plenty of drinking water. Mats can be rented for $2.00 or purchased at the front desk. Cubbies are provided for coats and cell phones.
What do I do if I have an injury?
Let the teacher know prior to class. We are happy to offer modifications for every BODY!
Can I leave early or come late?
Let the teacher know that you need to leave early. The teacher will then create an opportunity for you to leave. We have a 5 minute grace period if you are running late. After five minutes, the exterior door may be locked for the safety and security of our clients and their personal belongings.
How often should I take classes?
To make a change from the inside out, we recommend you take at least three classes per week. Carve out this time and make yourself a priority! You deserve it!
Should I eat prior to classes?
Eating a light snack such as an apple with almond butter two hours prior to class is always a good idea. Drink plenty of water before and after class to prevent dehydration.
Why are some yoga classes heated?
- The heat allows us to get into postures more deeply and effectively, allowing for greater range of movements in joints, muscles and ligaments. When your muscles and connective tissue becomes more elastic you allow for greater flexibility with less chance of injury.
- Sweating promotes detoxification and elimination through the skin, which is the body's largest organ.
- The raised temperature will assist in improving T-cell function and proper functioning of your immune system
- Your body burns fat more effectively in the heat.
- Your metabolism speeds up the breakdown of glucose and fatty acids
- Practicing hot yoga strengthens willpower, self control, concentration and determination by challenging you on your mat
- Because it feels awesome!